Monday, November 1, 2010

Best First Halloween

Halloween was awesome this year! So different seeing it as a parent now...and we had a blast! We haven't dressed up at all for the last few years, and I never really felt I was missing anything. But it is soo much fun to dress up your own kid! I realized that this will most likely be the only year ever in his life that I can not only pick his costume, but he will not fight to take it off the whole time. That makes me so sad!

After church in the AM, we hit ZooBoo at the zoo (obviously) with Steve's sister and family, mom and dad, and cousins Marisa and Taylor. Cousin Lila (little miss cow in the pics) seemed to enjoy it way more than Steven...he barely woke up the entire time! We dressed our little man as a monkey, and he loved it! Ha! I bought this costume about a month before he was born, so I was so excited to finally get it on him. It was great and kept him wonderfully warm on the chilly day.

After we got home we passed out some candy to the neighborhood kiddos, which is the first time I've done this ever. I have always worked on Halloween or we've been out. It was fun to see so many kids! I cannot wait until we get to take Steven next year, who will be WALKING by then! Ah! It will be so different.

This has to be the cutest little monkey! I love it!

It was amazing that he did not seem to mind the headpiece...

Gram and Grandpa with the kiddos :-)
In the evening we went to a friends house to watch the Steelers game, hang out, and have some fun. Needless to say, the day completely wore this kiddo out because he slept SIX hours! That is a first! All in all, great first Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment