Tuesday, February 8, 2011

5 months

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Time is flying! It's so hard to pinpoint exactly what changes with him everyday, but he just seems so much older. We introduced cereal and the exersaucer this month, and the exersaucer was the biggest hit. (Pictures below) We had to switch from rice to oatmeal cereal, and he does seem to enjoy eating from a spoon finally. He is starting to try to sit by himself (also below) and can do this for a few seconds before he folds himself in half and balances that way. This is a great position for him, since he does have a newfound love for his newly found feet! He loves talking, and he's been laughing more and more. He has started to love tummy time since he's been rolling from his back to his tummy, and now he squirms a lot when he's on his belly, making us think he will try to crawl soon. He's been a great sleeper this month, too. Good naps during the day and still sleeping all night! I have been blessed with a good baby.

I feel like I only ever talk about the baby, but life changes happen for me, too! I joined a MOPS group that meets in our community, so not only do I get out of the house but I have met several moms in my community, one living just down the street! Such a blessing!  It has been a struggle for me, especially during the week, when I am home a lot by myself, with my husband working late hours. It's so easy to feel isolated also when its winter and you can't go anywhere, and being a new mom is such an adjustment. I feel like it's also hard to meet new people, but God provided such an answer to prayer! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the women.


Thanks, mom, but I'd rather eat from my bib, no spoon required.

I think this face says it all!


Ah, I can finally reach my feet!

 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new blog background and font! Super cute! So glad that MOPS is working out for you so well... but I still wish we were closer to raise these babies together :)

    ReplyDelete